Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Color Run 2013

I have been "running" about 3 times a week now for over a year and today my 2 friends from swim class and I ran our first 5K!  The Color Run is "The Happiest 5K on the Planet" and today it lived up to it's name.  You start out wearing white and then every 1/2 mile or so you run through a color and by the end you are a rainbow.  Our husbands and kids all came to cheer us on.  We had a blast, here are some highlights.
Chrissy, Shelly and me
One last hug for good luck from Drew.
Drew taking his post by the last color, blue, just before the finish line.
The blue workers gearing up for the first heat to come through.
These next few pics are not of us yet but gives you a good idea as to what happens as you run through each color!
Kyra, Jack & Drew all perched on the curb to people watch.  You can see why next...
That's me coming through just left of center #82713.
WE DID IT!!!
Shelly & I double fisting some water.
Apparently Jack cried almost the whole time and didn't stop to take this picture...oh well!  Apparently Dan wouldn't let him hit people with a stick as they crossed the finish line...what a meanie!  I think I'm going to upload this one to the site "reasons my son is crying" which is hilarious if you haven't seen it! http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com/
This is Shelly's friend Katie who let us join her team.
WHOHOO!!!
Finally he came around!
What a great morning!  Time for a nap!

1 comment:

  1. Run Amy Run!!! I've never seen anything like this before. It looks like a blast but a lot of hard work! Great pics and captions! Drew taking his post cracks me up! Thanks for the blogs!

    ReplyDelete